Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boeng 737-800 Seat Belt Extender

c5di2004
Explorer C

Congrats on SWA's redesign in the 737-800 plane. However, the redesign includes new seat belts so my previous seat belt extender will not work. Does anyone know where I can find an extender that will work? Yes, I have tried Amazon and eBay (both only have Type A and B, neither of which fit the new 737-800). Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Boeng 737-800 Seat Belt Extender

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

A flight attendant should be able to provide a seatbelt extender for you upon boarding.

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

I didn't know you could use your own 🤔 ...

As per SWA COS policy:

Once onboard the aircraft, if necessary, please request a seatbelt extension from our Flight Attendant. Only one seatbelt extension may be used, and only seatbelt extensions provided by Southwest Airlines are approved for use onboard our aircraft. (underline emphasis mine).

Brookepen
Explorer C

Can you tell me where on Amazon you got the extender for the new planes. I have a flight soon a d would like to be prepared. I’ve looked and looked. Thank you so much!

mutigerfans
Explorer C

Hi, would you mind sharing where you purchased the extender that works on the new 800 series planes please?  Thank you!

clpair2004
Explorer C

Hi! Do you have the link for the extender that worked on the 737-800? 

bec102896
Aviator A

The FAA states that only an extender provided by the airline is allowed to be used in flight you can't use your own. 

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

Though against the rules, I can see why people might want to have their own seat belt extender. It is inconvenient to have to ask for one, and some people might find it embarrassing.

I used to need one, and I don't anymore. It was a small but nice improvement in my life when I didn't have to worry about asking for one every time I boarded a plane.