Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Business Detailed Receipts

virgiltu
Explorer C

For the love of god, can we get better receipts in the website? I travel over 200k miles a year with SW and it is an absolute nightmare to do my expense report. This time my company rejected three tickets, because there is not enough information on them. Who in the h@ll decide to keep the detail flight information from the receipts on the website? Are they worrying about my data bandwidth or something? Yes I get them in my emails but than I have to make sure that I move them to a folder before they get deleted. Not only that but why can i get them in my email but not on the website? Are these two systems that not talking to eachother? There is absolutly no excuse for this. 

I love SW and literly go around the company policy to fly them, but this might a turning point if I dont get the money back because of this. 

* I know that there is another way to re email them. Might as well fax them as this point or just throw them in a bootle and hope they make it it me. I cant spend 6 hours a month hunting for 15 receipts that need to be expensed, becuase SW cant get there $hit together. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Business Detailed Receipts

virgiltu
Explorer C

Let me add to this amazing feature that SW offers. 

Great thanks that helps. F this company I am done. 

Sorry, we found some errors...

• The confirmation number entered is for a travel date in the past and cannot be retrieved. You can view your past flights in My Account.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@virgiltu wrote:

For the love of god, can we get better receipts in the website? I travel over 200k miles a year with SW and it is an absolute nightmare to do my expense report. This time my company rejected three tickets, because there is not enough information on them. Who in the h@ll decide to keep the detail flight information from the receipts on the website? Are they worrying about my data bandwidth or something? Yes I get them in my emails but than I have to make sure that I move them to a folder before they get deleted. Not only that but why can i get them in my email but not on the website? Are these two systems that not talking to eachother? There is absolutly no excuse for this. 

I love SW and literly go around the company policy to fly them, but this might a turning point if I dont get the money back because of this. 

* I know that there is another way to re email them. Might as well fax them as this point or just throw them in a bootle and hope they make it it me. I cant spend 6 hours a month hunting for 15 receipts that need to be expensed, becuase SW cant get there $hit together. 

Getting what you want is prety easy. Here's what I do.

1 ) After making a reservtion, I move the confirmation e-mail to an e-mail folder called "travel"" so there is minimal effort involved in searching for flight information

2) When I need a receipt, I duplex print the first two pages of the receipt e-mail (two pages on one piece of paper). That piece of paper includes everything your accounting department could ever want: name, itinerary (cities, dates, flight numbers), amount paid, method used for payment, date reseration was made etc.

basslaw2010
Frequent Flyer B

It is true that this complaint comes around regularly but I don't understand why it is so hard for people to keep the confirmation email when they book the flight.  Then you don't have to scramble when doing expense reports.