Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

CUSTOMER SERVICE NOT RESPONDING TO EMAILS...3/WEEKS...NO REPLY...

RSVP2021
Explorer C

Hello, on Friday, 7/30/21 at 5:40am Southwest texted that our flight was cancelled. It was an 8:25am flight that same day and we had already left for the airport. This was a flight from IND-ATL-MIA, (#1044-#189) arriving in MIA@12:40pm, 7/30/21. SWA automatically rebooked to MIA through BWI leaving IND @1:45pm with arrival in MIA @7:05pm. (#1882-#1584). Only offered $100 vouchers. I emailed Customer Service on 8/9/21, 8/16/21, 8/26/21 and still no reply from SWA yet. (3+ weeks...?) Called Customer Service today...(please hold...20+ min) and they said there's nothing they can do and now the 10 day response time is 30 days. My rental car rate more than doubled for the week due to their flight cancellation. I want a $500 voucher or 25,000 Rapid Rewards points. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE NOT RESPONDING TO EMAILS...3/WEEKS...NO REPLY...

jksobonya
Aviator A

You can try contacting Southwest via the several Contact options here - https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US - social media tends to get a same day response - but I doubt you'll get what you are asking for, since they already gave you a $100 voucher. You want $500 more?

How can your rental car cost "more than double" when you still picked it up the same day, just hours later? Something doesn't add up. 

--Jessica

Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE NOT RESPONDING TO EMAILS...3/WEEKS...NO REPLY...

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You arrived less than 7 hours late and you're making demands?  If you had left the car rental reservation as is you could have still picked it up and kept the same rate.  Since you decided that you needed to rebook it and made a last minute reservation the rate change is on you.

--TheMiddleSeat