Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can I use my daughter’s boarding positions when she is Family Boarding?

gvanderlin
Explorer C

We (grandparents) are traveling with our daughter, son-in-law and grand-daughters. They are using family boarding but received better B group boarding positions than us. 
can we swap boarding positions with them to improve our chances of seating with them?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can I use my daughter’s boarding positions when she is Family Boarding?

dfwskier
Aviator A

So, you want to trade boarding passes with your daughter and son in law.?

since I’ve never had an I’d check at a gate (and I’ve had lots of flight over lots of years), I suspect no one would ever know

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

The "by the book" answer is no, you cannot use someone else's boarding pass.

From the Contract of Carriage:

Transferability. Boarding Passes are nontransferable unless explicitly stated on the
Boarding Pass. Carrier is not liable to the holder of a Boarding Pass for use of such
Boarding Pass when presented by a person other than the person to whom it was
issued. If a Boarding Pass is used by a person other than the person to whom it was
issued, Carrier shall not be liable for the loss, destruction, damage or delay of such
unauthorized person’s Baggage or other personal property or the death or injury of
such unauthorized person arising from or in connection with such unauthorized use.

--TheMiddleSeat

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Have the initial boarders head to the rear of the plane and situate themselves so you all can be together, since you are all "B's" you should have no problem. 

mrsstats
Adventurer C

Why don’t you board with the grandchildren and they can board in their spot