Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Can SW please help the boarding 'pain'

STL243
Explorer C

Buy a higher price seat or tough luck!  The scammers should be banned from flying!

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

Ignore them.  Just sit where you want.  If they wont move their junk off the seat, Id just pick it up and hand it to them and sit.

Profile picture of tworescues
 tworescues 
NEW ARRIVAL

We travelled to Chicago in August and another trip last month.  For each leg of the trip people were saving seats.  We paid for both of us for the early boarding and felt like it's unfair to let people save seats.  All they have to do is mention in pre-boarding that saving seats is not polite.  That way you have cover to sit in a seat that is being "saved" for someone who is not even on the plane.  Next time I'm just taking the seat.  Let the saver call the flight attendent and self identify.  SouthWest could easily rectify this, I'm totally not clear why they don't

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

The only way to rectify it is to go to assigned seating.

That is not going to happen anytime soon.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@spacecoastbill wrote:

The only way to rectify it is to go to assigned seating.

That is not going to happen anytime soon.

I disagree.

While assigned seating may ultimately be the only real solution to some Southwest boarding issues, such as pre-boarding abuse, that's not true when it comes to seat saving.

As has been suggested, a specific seat saving policy (allowing the saving of only one adjacent seat, for one example) could do much to help alleviate perceived boarding pain.