Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cannot get mobile boarding pass

sonoman
Explorer C

My wife and I are traveling tomorrow so I checked us in, but mobile boarding passes are not available.  The desktop site only says "print boarding passes" and the mobile.southwest.com site says, "please visit a kiosk or ticket counter for your boarding passes, or print them by using southwest.com on a desktop".  I don't want to print my boarding passes.  It is a colossal waste of paper to get only one boarding pass per setment on a single sheet of paper and we have a very early flight so we don't want to get them at the airport.  

When I contacted Southwest by email, they just sent a canned message telling me to use the mobile.southwest.com site, which clearly did not work.  

I am A-List Preferred, so this is not my first check-in, but most of my travel is for work.  I purchased the tickets using my RR log-in and added her RR number to her ticket.

Why no mobile boarding passes?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Cannot get mobile boarding pass

dfwskier
Aviator A

@sonoman wrote:

My wife and I are traveling tomorrow so I checked us in, but mobile boarding passes are not available.  The desktop site only says "print boarding passes" and the mobile.southwest.com site says, "please visit a kiosk or ticket counter for your boarding passes, or print them by using southwest.com on a desktop".  I don't want to print my boarding passes.  It is a colossal waste of paper to get only one boarding pass per setment on a single sheet of paper and we have a very early flight so we don't want to get them at the airport.  

When I contacted Southwest by email, they just sent a canned message telling me to use the mobile.southwest.com site, which clearly did not work.  

I am A-List Preferred, so this is not my first check-in, but most of my travel is for work.  I purchased the tickets using my RR log-in and added her RR number to her ticket.

Why no mobile boarding passes?

Don't know why you are having trouble, but since your flight is "very early" tomorrow, you probably should bite the bullet and print your boarding passes, and then try for resolution before your next flight. 

edit add: perhaps you could try to text the boarding pass to your phone or have it sent to your e-mail addesss  and then access the e-mail via your phone

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

There are some exceptions for mobile boarding passes.  Per SW's site

All passengers that are eligible to obtain a printed boarding pass should be able to utilize the mobile boarding pass option. However, passengers traveling on certain types of fares may not be eligible. Infants, unaccompanied minors, individuals traveling on Senior Fares that need to be age verified, nonrevenue passengers, and Military Fares are not eligible to receive a mobile boarding pass.

Note that you also can't use mobile boarding pass for international flights.

Note sure it these help, but I wanted to share.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

chgoflyer
Aviator A

As with many things Southwest, it could just be a "glitch." Q: Did you try accessing it through the Southwest app?

Hamilltp
Explorer C

I just recently updated the app and now I no longer recieve the boarding pass within the app (which I hear was enhanced visually). When I click "view boarding pass" the app takes me to Wallet now without having a pass within the app. It still works but kind of annoying that I have to go to the Wallet everytime I click on it instead of opening it within the app. Is this a glitch?