Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Changing flight + Companion Pass

tambey64
Explorer C

If my work books a flight on Southwest Airlines on my behalf (using my rapid rewards number) to and from a conference, would I be able to change the return flight to a later (more expensive) date and pay the fare difference myself on my own personal card? Would my work be notified of this change?

Also, I am hoping that I have the companion pass from the credit card promotion by the time this trip comes around. If I have the companion pass, could I add my companion to just the return flight as well? I want to be extra sure before I make a decision of which flights to book! Second guessing myself

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Changing flight + Companion Pass

aMomTo6
Adventurer B

I don't know about the flight change issue and if work would be notified.  But, as far as adding your companion to just the return- yes! You will probably have to call SWA to do that for just one direction of the ticket if the ticket was booked as a round trip. But it's easy,  quick, and totally doable. If the flight out and the return are booked as separate trips, it's super quick and easy to just choose the "add companion" option to the ticket from the app.

Good luck and enjoy your extended business trip away- with your hopefully free companion. Such a great SWA benefit to have!

Re: Changing flight + Companion Pass

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The only reason I could see the company being notified of a change is if they use SWABIZ to purchase flights. If they don't use SWABIZ there's no notification since they aren't the traveling party. And yes, you can change the flight and pay the fare difference. 

--TheMiddleSeat