Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Check In for mulitple passengers on one itinerary

melkolb
Explorer C

Hello, first time flying SWA. I am flying with my family in a couple weeks and I have a question about check in that I haven't been able to find the answer to so far. 

I purchased the tickets for all 6 of my family members under my rapid rewards account. When I go to check in (at the 24 hr mark) I know I will need to put in the reservation # and name.  Is it just my name that I will put in since I purchased the tickets?  

I feel like this is obvious but I don't want to mess up check in since I am hoping for a decent boarding group since it is my husband, myself, and our four children; all of whom are ages 9+ so we don't qualify for family boarding and 3 have never flown before. Thanks so much!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Check In for mulitple passengers on one itinerary

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

Sounds like you have a fun trip planned! Good for you as a first-timer getting your Rapid Rewards account set up!

So, a few things:

1. When you check in, it will check everyone in. In theory, this means you will all get sequential boarding positions. There are some factors that could impact that, but they are not super common, and they just complicate this explanation. Simply, your checking in should check everyone in together AS LONG AS you are all on the same confirmation number, which it sounds like you are.
  2. You can choose to get everyone's boarding pass following this process in the Knowledge Base, or you can have each person go back through the check in process to the the boarding pass for themselves. Either way, each person will need to be holding their own BP on their own device.
  3. You mentioned that everyone is booked under your Rapid Rewards. Keep in mind that only the person travelling gets to keep points for a ticket, so be sure that each person has a RR number and that it is added to their ticket so that they can collect points.
  4. Finally, see more here about the boarding process.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions, @melkolb! Safe travels!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

melkolb
Explorer C

Yep, we are all under the same confirmation number so it sounds like check in will be simple enough. 

I did just use my Rapid Rewards number since I signed up. Thank you for pointing out about getting everyone their own number to be able to accrue their points as well! 

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Happy to help! Gotta get ALL THE POINTS! 🙂

-A List, Companion Pass holder