Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Check in boarding assignment

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Iowagirl1 wrote:

The check in system is not as represented. I fly biweekly on Southwest, and each time I set my alarm to check in precisely 24 hours before. I often get b30+. I find it hard to believe that the entire plane checked in within 2 minutes of the check in process opening. 

Well, when you check in you have A-List Peferred, A-List, and Early Bird purchasers in front of you. SW automatically gives them boarding spots at t+36 from flight time. That's potentially a lot of people who already have boarding posiions befoe you check in.

Also, almost everyone nowadays tries to check in at t+24. So if you are 30 seconds or a minute late, there are other people that checked in before you

You sid said you fly SW bi weekly. Why afren't you A-List?

Larry_Thieneman
Explorer C

I need an isle seat..What can I do to make sure I have an isle seat?

CTTrainer
Explorer B

If your need is due to a diagnosed medical condition, request PreBoard at time of purchase.  You will be denied to option of EXIT row seats, but will be allowed to board first and select your seat.  If your condition is not properly documented, you may be denied “preboarding” status.  

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@CTTrainer wrote:

If your need is due to a diagnosed medical condition, request PreBoard at time of purchase.  You will be denied to option of EXIT row seats, but will be allowed to board first and select your seat.  If your condition is not properly documented, you may be denied “preboarding” status.  

Pre-boarding is available for anyone with a disability who needs either 1) assistance boarding the plane or 2) a specific seat once onboard. You can contact Southwest in advance to have a notation put on your itinerary, but you will still need to see the airport agent either at bag drop or your departure gate in order to receive your pre boarding pass. No documentation is necessary.