Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Check-in desk vs. gate agent for COS boarding pass

angryyew2
Explorer C

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm confused about whether I need to go to the check-in desk or the gate agent to get my extra seat document when I get to the airport for the extra seat I purchased per the customer of size policy.

This is my first time flying so I'm not familiar with the process.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Check-in desk vs. gate agent for COS boarding pass

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It should not matter, either should be able to take care of it.  If you have no reason to go to the check-in counter, I would take care of it at the gate.

--TheMiddleSeat

angryyew2
Explorer C

Thanks!

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

If you pre purchased the extra seat you can print the pass at the kiosk or you can get the reserved seat document from the gate agent 

if your wanting to add the extra seat at the airport I would recommend doing it at the ticket counter to try and beat your flight from selling out or standby passengers already being accommodated on your flight by waiting to add it at the gate 

angryyew2
Explorer C

I pre purchased the seat but the info on the site says you have to see a “customer service agent” to get the extra seat document and qualify to get your seat refunded even if you check in online. 

angryyew2
Explorer C

Update: it wouldn’t let me do a mobile boarding pass. It said I could go to the kiosk, but the line at the ticket counter was short so I went there & they printed my boarding pass & extra seat document.