Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Check in on mobile app

Ken64
Explorer C

My wife and I have 1 confirmation number, and early bird boarding. If I check in on the app, will it display both early bird positions for each flight? I saw something about google pay wallet, but I do not use that. I can print them out on our outbound, but may be forced to use the mobile app on way back. I do not want any problems.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Check in on mobile app

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

https://www.southwest.com/help/day-of-travel/mobile-boarding-pass-information

Are mobile boarding passes available for multi-passenger reservations?

Yes. If you are eligible for a mobile boarding pass as an individual, you are eligible for a mobile boarding pass as a passenger on the same reservation with other members of your party. There are some exceptions that include Southwest Group reservations or any reservation over 8 passengers. All members of the party will have access to all eligible boarding passes under that reservation.

Additionally, since you have EarlyBird and do not need to check-in in advance you could just show up at the airport and print boarding passes there at a kiosk or check-in counter. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Check in on mobile app

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Ken64 wrote:

My wife and I have 1 confirmation number, and early bird boarding. If I check in on the app, will it display both early bird positions for each flight? I saw something about google pay wallet, but I do not use that. I can print them out on our outbound, but may be forced to use the mobile app on way back. I do not want any problems.

Thanks!

I'll add that you don't have to install the ticket to your wallet necessarily, you can use the app to call it up and board. You'll also be able to have barding passes printed at the airport for your return trip unless I'm missing something? 

The app works great except in cases where the flight is delayed significantly it won't generate in the app after some time has elapsed past the scheduled boarding (3-4 hours?), so i recommend if you don't add the boarding passes to your wallet then at least take a screenshot of it if you don't end up getting printed copies.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.