Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Checked baggage on cancelled flight

rfeliciano21
Explorer B

Flew into Denver from Norfolk on 12/24 with a connecting flight to San Diego. It delayed twice and then unfortunately the flight was canceled with no announcement. Waited in line for 3+ hours to re-book and we are scheduled to depart for San Diego 12/26 at 7:30am (hopefully). We checked our bags in Norfolk.. so my question is.. are our bags in Denver? Or did they go straight to SD? Is there a way to track this? Lines were outrageous to stand in to speak to an agent regarding that, and with 2 kids with me, we left for a nearby hotel. Lines are busy that I can't get a hold of an agent over the phone or through chat. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Checked baggage on cancelled flight

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Unfortunately, asking at the airport is probably your best option. 

--TheMiddleSeat

rfeliciano21
Explorer B

Thanks. I figured I'd ask here in case anyone else that experienced this was on here. I'll be at the airport at 3:30am for my hopefully 7:30am flight, so I'll ask then. Thank you!

Madidav
Explorer B
Solution

We had a flight from Denver to Buffalo. Flight was cancelled Wednesday night and they told us baggage would be delivered to final destination. It has been almost 6 days now and baggage has not even moved from Denver. Your best bet is that it will get sent to final destination. But good chance it is stuck at Denver airport for a while. Staff said it is a complete nightmare In Denver with luggage. There are thousands and thousands of bags piled up from cancelled flights. So it will eventually arrive at final destination but may be up to several weeks. Staff will not help and there is no way to track luggage. You have to continue to go to airport to ask. So frustrating. Staff said it could be weeks to get baggage sorted out. So saddening but hope that helps with information based on our experience 

rfeliciano21
Explorer B

OMG! I'm sorry that's the case and I am dreading that outcome. I'm only supposed to be in San Diego from the Dec 24th-Jan 2nd. Me and my kids have been in a hotel here in Denver since the evening of the 24th with no change of clothes, toiletries, etc. Everything was checked in except for my purse and camera bag and my kids backpack with their electronics. My god if I ever make it to San Diego, hopefully the luggage makes it there before we head back to Norfolk, Virginia. Thanks for the info.

rfeliciano21
Explorer B

UPDATE ON MY LUGGAGE.

I arrived at the airport today 12/26 at 3am to ask about my luggage and turns out, it arrived in San Diego. As for us, another cancelled flight and nothing leaving Denver today. Family is on the road from Cali to pick us up. 🥺