Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Checking In Online

terribear65
Explorer C

the online process is not allowing me to check-in.  I am receiving the following:Oops!

This form has the following errors

• Sorry, your itinerary is ineligible for checkin online. Please proceed to any Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter to check in for your flight. (SW302114-SAVVi6wQQv-MzFhq8rzlXw)

This was an overnight trip and this is inconvenient for me.  I will become an issue if I am not able to get a ride to the airport with enough time to stand in a line to see an agent.  Is there any way around this?   What makes me ineligible?  

Thank you

Terri

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Checking In Online

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Are you traveling on a Senior or Military fare by chance? Those have to be verified at the counter.

Otherwise, Southwest doesn't allow the last few boarding passes for any particular flight to be given out online, you have to get them at the airport. Are you checking in relatively late, compared to t-24 hours from departure?

Lastly, people seem to be reporting getting this message more lately, which could indicate a glitch due to the new reservation system.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do except get to the airport as early as possible and get your boarding pass then. If you get a very bad boarding position, and that matters to you, you can pay $30 or $40 at the gate to upgrade to A1-15, if available.

terribear65
Explorer C

I paid for early bird and I tried checking in 24 hours prior.  I fly out at 6 pm today and attempted check in at 9pm last night.  I am not under senior or military.  I won't pay more for something that may be a glitch of Southwest system.  

Thank you for your time.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

At least, since you paid for EarlyBird, you boarding position should be reserved. In theory. 😉

Please come back after you travel and let us know how it works out.

Momster
Explorer C

I am getting the same "Oops! Sorry, your itinerary is not eligible for checkin online." message. I tried checking in online exactly 24 hours prior to my flight departure. I'm not on a military or other special fare. Also, I am flying on a ticket Southwest bought me after they screwed up an online checkin that would have forced me to leave my 11-year-old behind in ATL last fall. So I have trust issues with Southwest. Really need to get this resolved. 

thekyleman71
Explorer C

I am having the same problem. I'm very savvy with the mobile app, as well as desktop, and have never had this problem in the past.

I used early bird, and was sent a notification by the app that my boarding position had been saved. When I try to check in I get this same error. I can't get print a boarding pass on desktop, either.