Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Checking in with a group reservation

pkenow
Explorer C

I made a group reservation for 20 family members, our first group reservation experience. Most of us have flown with individual reservations. With a group reservation, does everyone need to be present at the ticket counter to check in luggage at the same time, or can group members arrive at different times and still check in luggage with the group cf#?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Checking in with a group reservation

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@bec102896 do you know this from your experience with group travel?

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

so with 20 on one reservation you will probably get 1 confirmation number only 1 person needs to check in at 24 hour mark to get all your boarding positions (MUST USE THE WEBSITE the app won’t work for group travel) 

for checking in at the airport each person can check in individually you don’t all need to be at the counter together. 

pkenow
Explorer C

Got everyone checked in this morning, not great boarding positions, but we're all checked in. Final question, it does not seem possible to either print boarding passes for the group from the southwest website nor get my boarding pass (A-list) on my app.  With a group  reservation, can you only get your boarding passes at the luggage check in desk?