Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Checking luggage across multiple flights

gsking
Aviator C

I have disconnected flights planned for Hawaii in summer (fingers crossed).

Due to flight juggling, I have to fly separate legs prior to the final OGG flight. 

Is there any way to check bags all the way to the final destination?   Or do I have to either carry them on, or hustle out to baggage claim and recheck the bag?   

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Checking luggage across multiple flights

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

You should be able to check the bags all the way to the final destination as long as the layover isn’t too long (over 4 hours they usually make you claim and recheck). When you get to the airport you will need to visit the full service ticket counter to get the bag checked all the way so be sure to allow some extra time in case that line is long. Some agents may not know how to override the system and let you check the bag all the way so you could ask for a supervisor if there are any problems. 

-Blake 

empPT2020
Explorer C

What can I do with my checked luggage if I have an overnight lay over lasting from 10:30 pm to 6:30am? I would like to send it to the final destination if at all possible

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@empPT2020 wrote:

What can I do with my checked luggage if I have an overnight lay over lasting from 10:30 pm to 6:30am? I would like to send it to the final destination if at all possible

Sorry, you'll need to hold onto the bags yourself during the overnight layover. 

--TheMiddleSeat