Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Class Action Law Suit filed

Patticake801
Explorer C

So I just saw on the news that there is a class action law suit.  Anyone know how to join it? I’ve been searching all morning!! 

i have yet to be reimbursed for my flights and other expenses incurred by my flight cancellations on Christmas.🤷‍♀️✈️

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Class Action Law Suit filed

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

lol, one person who isn't patient enough to wait for their credit has a proposed class action suit.  As Southwest is providing refunds this is a pointless exercise other than an attempt to be the loudest, most squeaky wheel.

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

This action is expected and is part of their right in our society.  I suspect that the class will be certified by the judge and the case move forward.

To join the class, check with the attorney filing the complaint.  That attorney will tell you how to become part of the class.  From there, you will get updates on the case.

I predicted that this would happen over a week ago.  If you consider the number of passengers impacted and multiply that by some nominal amount, you end up with some pretty large numbers.

Class action lawsuits change behavior of organizations.  Sometimes, it is the only way you are going to motivate them to change.  That is our society's remedy and I expect a settlement before the 4th of July.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy "settlement" will be the guy gets his refund as will everyone else, just as Southwest has said it will provide. 

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

I am certain that the plaintiff class will ask for compensatory and punitive damages in addition to actual damages.  By the time that this is done, there goes $100MM.

Like I said earlier, I predicted this over a week ago.  This will be a game-changer.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy you're always good for a laugh

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

Ask the CEO of Southwest if he is amused.  He's probably looking for a new job.

Jean_Jasinski
Adventurer C

I don't know...any class action lawsuit I have been part of has netted me $10.  The lawyers get rich (fewer of them than class members), and class members see pennies (relatively speaking). 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Jean_Jasinski wrote:

I don't know...any class action lawsuit I have been part of has netted me $10.  The lawyers get rich (fewer of them than class members), and class members see pennies (relatively speaking). 

Hmmm, it seems as if one person is focused on reality...

Patticake801
Explorer C

It’s THE POINT!!! 

CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE!!