Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Combining reservations

dmyockey
Explorer C

We booked a flight from PHX to OAK and then a separate flight from OAK to Maui. I am worried we won’t have enough time to get our bags and recheck them with just an hour between flights. Carrying on is not an option. Will PHX check our bags all the way through or can I try to combine the reservations? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Combining reservations

SWDigits
Aviator A
A couple of previous threads look like they may apply to your situation, with @chgoflyer commenting on both threads. The specific situations are a little different but I think the same thought process applies:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/General-Travel-Policies/Two-Step-Flight-Bag-Check-amp-Trans...

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/General-Travel-Policies/Check-bags-through-Separate-one-way...

Customer | Home airport DCA

dmyockey
Explorer C

Thank you for the response. I also spoke to someone at the customer service desk at the airport yesterday and she advised me that it should not be an issue. We do need to check our bags at the desk rather than a kiosk. But she said it is routinely done as a courtesy. She advised to leave plenty of time as the customer service line might be long. Hope this is helpful information to others.

Dy

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dmyockey wrote:

Thank you for the response. I also spoke to someone at the customer service desk at the airport yesterday and she advised me that it should not be an issue. We do need to check our bags at the desk rather than a kiosk. But she said it is routinely done as a courtesy. She advised to leave plenty of time as the customer service line might be long. Hope this is helpful information to others.

Dy

I just saw another thread about this same approach going to Cabo via DEN. Hopefully they see this here or else one of us can post a link for them.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.