Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Booking getting boarding pass with me

bbland

Has southwest finally updated the system to let companions get boarding priority with A-Lister?  Flying MCO to STL tomorrow on a fairly full flight. I’m A~Preferred & got. A20. My husband, who is companion & not on same reservation got A21 & checked in 30 minutes late. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Companion Booking getting boarding pass with me

bec102896
Top Contributor
Solution

It looks like starting back in January they started testing assigning companions sequential boarding positions with A Listers hopefully its a permanent thing. The last 8 companion reservations I have done this year have all been sequential numbers. 

-Blake

SWFlyer007
Rising Star

THEY HAVE.  This has been another example (even though later than promised) of how they continue to do things for their customers.  I've already flown on 2 flights as an A-Lister and whatever my boarding number is, my wife is the next number.   No more getting up at 6 am to do the 24 hours in advance check-in for her.    True story, we were once on Martha's Vineyard Island doing a run on the trails when her reminder to check-in came up.  Because of limited service we had to run to higher ground and to an open space to finally get a signal just to check in 24 hours in advance....   This is a great feature and will be the reason I will always work towards getting my A list.  

chgoflyer
Top Contributor

Those on the same reservation as an A-Lister receive sequential positions. This is an announced, official benefit that's been around for a while.

Companions are currently receiving sequential positions from their Companion Pass Holder, regardless of status, even though they are on separate confirmations. This hasn't been officially announced yet, but is in a "testing" phase, and should be announced soon -- along with appropriate details/limitations, etc.

rpw
New Arrival

Has the practice of letting companion ticket holders board with their A lister companion continued?  These recent posts were from earlier this year and I am seeing conflicting reports if this practice has become permanent at all airports or not.  thanks for the info.  

dfwskier
Top Contributor

I believe your question is answered by the posts immediately above yours.

SWFlyer007
Rising Star

@rpw It has now been at least 8 flights flown that my wife (companion) is given the next number to mine.   And again, SWA does it with automatic check-in and we no longer are prisoners to having to check-in 24 hours ahead of time ourselves..  I love you, SWA.