Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass Boarding Pass on mobile App

rosdur55
Explorer C

I am using a companion pass for the first time and also have the mobile app on my iPhone.  I successfully checked in for both my wife and me (separately checking in as instructed) on my laptop and printed boarding passes.  When I checked my mobile app after, the only boarding pass I see is for me.  Is there a way to view my wife's boarding pass, who is traveling on the companion pass, in the mobile app?  Before I checked in, we were both listed as traveling in the My Trips section.  After check-in, it just lists me.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Companion Pass Boarding Pass on mobile App

DAL
Adventurer A
Solution

Hi @rosdur55!

I've never been lucky enough to fly with anyone on a companion pass. However, it seems to me like the other person flying with you should be able to access the boarding pass for their flight through their own RR account. Have you given that a try?

Here's a link to all of the mobile boarding methods with instructions: https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/airport-experience/mobile-boarding-pass.html

Diana16C
Explorer C
Solution

Another thing you could do if you want both boarding passes on one device is to log in to the app as usual, pull up your boarding pass and click Save to Wallet.  Then log out/log in as next person and do the same.  Then you have both passes on one phone.

I always save to wallet and use that one anyway because you don't have to worry about losing connection.  Plus if you click on Info, it gives all the details about that flight! 🙂

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@rosdur55 wrote:

I am using a companion pass for the first time and also have the mobile app on my iPhone.  I successfully checked in for both my wife and me (separately checking in as instructed) on my laptop and printed boarding passes.  When I checked my mobile app after, the only boarding pass I see is for me.  Is there a way to view my wife's boarding pass, who is traveling on the companion pass, in the mobile app?  Before I checked in, we were both listed as traveling in the My Trips section.  After check-in, it just lists me.

Besides the fact that you might be separated in line, it is normal for your wife to login under her own RR account to access her boarding pass, check in herself, etc - the only thing she won't do on her own is pay for the ticket Smiley Happy

To enable that make sure you include her RR number when you book the companion ticket. It can be added in the profile, or call and add it to any existing reservations if necessary. Same for KTN / PreCheck if applicable.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.