Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Companion Pass Boarding

hockeydiva
Adventurer B

TSA PreCheck is governed by TSA. It's very easy to sign up for it. 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @kcullimore

Yes, we're definitely paying attention to what our Customers are saying on the Southwest Community. We place a high value on feedback, so you can bet that when folks are talking in the forum, we're listening!

russcro
Explorer A

Same issue here. When two people are on the same reservation both can be checked in at the same time. The companion is booked on a seperate reservation, so it requires two seperate check in processes.  Perhaps it was a computer issue previously, but with SW's new computer upgrade perhaps both can be listed on the same reservation number, or they can be otherwise linked to allow check in of both.

How about it, SW? Anyone there seeing this?

crStar
Explorer C

what really gripes me some gate agents wont let me take my wife's carry-on down to the plane so our luggage is above us. She wiil be there until my broading pass is scan. some will let me do it some won't.

my complaint is no two agents, lets get on the same page.

bbland
Adventurer C

I turn my bag long ways and save a bin.  I was told in a letter from Southwest that it is OK to save seats and bin space.  I'm only doing it for one person, so not saving whole rows or bins, just enough for his overhead bag.

@crStar wrote:

what really gripes me some gate agents wont let me take my wife's carry-on down to the plane so our luggage is above us. She wiil be there until my broading pass is scan. some will let me do it some won't.

my complaint is no two agents, lets get on the same page.

ZaneonthePlane
Explorer C

I have taken more than 2,000 SW flights and had a companion pass for many years.  It would be nice if my companion could board with me as I have had issues on many occasions trying to save a seat.  The benefits for being a frequent flyer with SW are pretty light.  Letting companions board with the passholder would be a nice benefit to add and very easy to program into the seating assignment system. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Often requested. Always acknowledged. No policy change ever implemented.

For giggles, make a note of this date. 😉

kcullimore
Adventurer C

Here I sit on a flight with less than 70 people.  I was A 16.  Wife / companion A 50.  Saved her a seat. Had a man try to bully me about saving my wife a seat. Flight attendant tried to smoothly point out that he could have his own row.... finally left taking large window seat with lots of leg room.  He was complaining just to complain but this is exactly what the problem is.   

How about some help Southwest???      There are simple solutions for us loyal customers who are both A preferred and have companions.

kcullimore
Adventurer C

Here I sit on a flight with less than 70 people.  I was A 16.  Wife / companion A 50.  Saved her a seat. Had a man try to bully me about saving my wife a seat. Flight attendant tried to smoothly point out that he could have his own row.... finally left taking large window seat with lots of leg room.  He was complaining just to complain about but this is exactly what the problem is.   

How about some help Southwest???      There are simple solutions for us loyal customers who are both A preferred and have companions.

Ted741
Explorer C

I am a A list Companion Pass - member from 1993. SWA wants to be consistantly inconsistant with companion passes. I am very aggrevated. This happens frequently to me. Recently flew from Boston to Milwaukee then to Denver.  Due to my status I had A16. My companion had B46. My companian boared in the proper B46 position. I tried to hold the seat , I was told by flight attendeant that it was 1st come 1st serve basis and I could not hold the seat. I was calm and cool and explained that I had called Customer Care and they said I could simply hold the seat and use explaninations such as the person is in the restroom. The Flight attendant explained SWA does not want to declare and lets each Gate Agent / Flight Attendant handle it the way they choose. 

I am asking that SWA avoid conflict and possible future issues and make a rule that everyone should follow versue some wild wild west proceedure that changes from flight to flight. 

Thank you in advance for avoiding trouble on a flight

BTW - I had to give up the seat I was saving and calmly found a less favorable seats together in the back of the plane. The passengers that displaced me were not A list Preferred Comapnion Pass (1993) type customers.