Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion boarding

keeferskards
Explorer C

I travel often and am an A-list preferred customer. I am grateful for the extra benefits and try to not take them for granted or feel "entitled" to special privileges. In particular,the companion pass has been a great blessing for my wife and I as she often is able to travel with me on my business trips,as well as many vacations we have enjoyed together. A couple of years ago, Denver experimented with allowing a person flying on a companion ticket to board at the same time as the A-list passenger.  I have often asked gate agents how that process went, and without exception, they all responded favorably.  My question is, what conclusion did the decision makers come to, and if this process will begin as policy in the future?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Companion boarding

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I am in the same situation as you, and this is something I hope for all the time!  Fingers crossed.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

+1 here, I'd love to see that happen, for all CP holders, regardless of boarding group. If you're my companion, I obviouly want you with me, and next to me!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

precious8990460
Explorer B

I'm not a frequent flier but it would be nice to have the one person you are traveling with be able to board the same time and sit with you regardless if you are a A list or not

SWDigits
Aviator A
I added this to the list of potential solutions for boarding heartache:
https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Boarding/Military-Boarding-Policy/m-p/87856#M2666

Customer | Home airport DCA

SWDigits
Aviator A
My post to try to compile boarding suggestions was marked as spam and removed...

Customer | Home airport DCA