Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Connection flights

Shantie86
Explorer C

If I pay for the early check in for me and my family, but we have a connecting flight, will the Zone that I am assigned follow me to the next flight so that I can ensure that I am sitting with my family?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Connection flights

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

EarlyBird Check-In is applied to all legs of the one-way trip so you will receive the early assigned boarding position, but the group letter (A, B, or C) could be different on each flight as that depends on how many A-List and other EarlyBird Check-In passengers are also on the flight. If you purchase EarlyBird for a group of people you should all be assigned boarding positions fairly close to each other.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Shantie86 wrote:

If I pay for the early check in for me and my family, but we have a connecting flight, will the Zone that I am assigned follow me to the next flight so that I can ensure that I am sitting with my family?

Not exactly. But you will be in the EarlyBird Check-In group for each of your flights.

Meaning, for the first flight your position will be based on the date you purchased EarlyBird among all the other WGA passengers who bought it as well for that flight. Then, the same thing will be true for your connecting flight.

Hope this helps!

SWDigits
Aviator A

I don't know if your family includes young children, but if so then the following also applies:

An adult traveling with a child six years old or younger may board during Family Boarding, which occurs after the “A” group has boarded and before the “B” group begins boarding. If the child and the adult are both holding an “A” boarding pass, they should board in their assigned boarding position.

Source: https://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/boarding_the_plane_faq.html

Customer | Home airport DCA