Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Curbside Check-in at PIT

Marty315
Explorer C

Can anyone confirm whether or not Southwest offers curbside (baggage) check-in at PIT?

thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Curbside Check-in at PIT

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

Fly Pittsburgh says yes:

https://flypittsburgh.com/pittsburgh-international-airport/contact/faqs/#:~:text=Does%20PIT%20offer%....

I carried on my items on my one trip through PIT so I don't recall from personal experience.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Marty315
Explorer C

Great. Thanks!

floridaguy
Aviator C

In my opinion, this is risky.  You have yet another handoff of your luggage that can only add delays and mistakes to the system.

Give the bags to the check in agent and save one more opportunity for mistakes.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

In my opinion, this is risky.  You have yet another handoff of your luggage that can only add delays and mistakes to the system.

Give the bags to the check in agent and save one more opportunity for mistakes.

In fact, in many of the locations where I have used curbside check-in it saves extra chances to lose items on the transfer from the parking or rental car area to the terminal before the items are in the airline's custody.

floridaguy
Aviator C

Maybe I'm reading this wrong.

The curbside checking is right outside the main check in area.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

Maybe I'm reading this wrong.

The curbside checking is right outside the main check in area.

Yes - and if you don't use it and instead had to go park your car or return a rental car, then you have a chance to forget something in the rental, leave it on the shuttle bus, etc.

Or do you mean - if you have someone else in the car with you - to run it into the terminal and check it at the counter instead? That sounds fine if the cops aren't rushing you out of there. They won't let you do that at Midway or O'Hare for example. But you could let one person out to go check the bags at the counter while the other goes and disposes of the car if you have only two items.

Otherwise curbside is the way to go if you have only one person traveling with many bags, or multiple people are checking two items.