Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Curbside checking at MCO

Rolikennel
Explorer C

My 85 Year old mother will be coming from Orlando (MCO) for the Holidays. Does SW still have curbside check in. She can not walk long distance and gets overwhelmed with  computer check ins.

Pre Covid she use to use curbside check in , and SW would provide a wheel chair at the entrance and bring her to the gate. Is that still an option or does she have to go to the ticket counter. 

John L 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Curbside checking at MCO

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@bec102896 and @DancingDavidE posted previously about skycap service at MCO, perhaps they have some knowledge of what service is currently available.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

@bec102896 and @DancingDavidE posted previously about skycap service at MCO, perhaps they have some knowledge of what service is currently available.

--TheMiddleSeat

Thanks tagging is in @TheMiddleSeat  - I didn’t see the full curbside operation when I was there recently. However I was there to pick up my father in law and once solo for a business trip. On the family’s outbound trip we had Magical Express.

The porters are absolutely there - pull up to the second to last door and one of the gentlemen (or ladies?) will be there to help with a wheelchair and I would assume they can help get luggage in to the counters if curbside is still closed. 

Send a Twitter direct message to @SouthwestAir to arrange for a wheelchair reservation in advance. Don’t send any personal flight info until they ask for a direct message. RSVP isn’t required but helps them plan the quantities. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

On my recent MCO trips the curbside check in was open for my 5pm flight. However they might have modified hours. 

-Blake