Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

DEN in airport experience-tram from terminal C

Kgmflyer5884
Explorer A

I was wondering if there is social distancing or some attempt to limit the number of passengers on the train system at the Denver airport. I’d be happy to just walk, but it doesn’t look like you can walk to/from SWA terminal C and the main concourse/exit. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: DEN in airport experience-tram from terminal C

bec102896
Aviator A

I flew though Denver back in June and I did see signs at the tram but there were no employees there to enforce any kind of distancing. I was there late evening and there were not to many travelers so social distancing wasn't an issue. 

If you get to the tram and see a bunch of people gathered at one door maybe walk to a less crowded one. A lot of people are rushing to get on the tram so the first car is usually more packed than the 2nd-4th car 

-Blake 

dfwskier
Aviator A

I flew into/out of Denver about three weeks ago. I saw no attempt to enforce spacing on the trains.

There are two escalators that take you down to the trains-one to the front part of the trains and one to the back part of the trains. My experiences, based on flying into the airport since the week it opened, seem to indicate that people leaving the concourses normally bear right to the nearest escalator. Fewer people bear left. Thus it seems the crowd waiting to board the trains is normally less off the left escalator.  

I do understand the concourse layout would men that people coming from one side would find the right escalator would be the left escalator for people coming from the other side.

I normally come from the side that includes the C40-C50 gates. I don;t recall having any flight from the other side of the concourse. So in my case the left escalator is the one coming from C40.

Kgmflyer5884
Explorer A

Thank you for the reminder that the escalator you choose is also important and can influence where on the platform you wait and which car you enter. 

Sweety-D
Explorer A

I flew through DEN today. Took the tram to terminal C. Thankfully people were acting normal and did not unnecessarily stay away from other people. If you have fear of standing close to people, perhaps the tram (or airports in general) are not for you.    

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

New FREE service allows you to reserve a space in a less crowded train car at DEN. You also get access to special TSA lanes.

https://www.flydenver.com/verifly

Hopefully someone will give it a try and provide a review.

--TheMiddleSeat