Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

DONT USE APPLE PAY

eyobengidaw
Explorer C

SW may seem nice but the system is so corrupt it’s actually funny. i purchased a ticket from sacramento to houston and got charged 464 but got an error message and called customer service. SW customer service is basically just random people sitting on a phone with you with no tools to help you just to sit there and say “ohh i’m so sorry that happened to you” with no resolution at all. not even credits for my next flight. now i’m paying double the cost because the rate went up within a day and me waiting 30 minutes on the phone just for them to tell me basically you’re on your own, don’t use apple pay next time. ABSOLUTELY the worst customer service i’ve ever experienced and the fact that this is a common issue resolves how trash SW really is. the fact that i’m this disappointed to even get on here and type this out, which i never do, proves how frustrating this could be

4 REPLIES 4

Re: DONT USE APPLE PAY

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Poor technology is not the same as corrupt. Just use a credit card to avoid the hassle. 

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

There is no advantage to adding yet another complication to a transaction.  When booking flights, use your credit card and leave Apple Pay in the drawer.

Several posts have come across with the same complaint.  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@eyobengidaw wrote:

ABSOLUTELY the worst customer service i’ve ever experienced 

I'm sorry to hear that, by its nature calling customer service for help is usually starting off on the wrong foot to begin with if the call is to fix something.

My experience is that Southwest's customer service is much better than many others. Cable companies for instance.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Or Gyms! 

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger