Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Denied boarding with valid printed pass

Explorer C

I was returning  from MBJ to RDU on May 22,2019. My connection was in MCO. Waiting in customs for luggage that never arrived I had to make a mad dash to Gate 128. My husband was with me and boarded with his A section boarding pass while I held B section. When I presented my valid printed boarding  I was denied boarding. The gate agent offered NO help. Computer showed I had been rebooked on another flight. Needless to say I was emotionally upset with my husband on board and I’m denied boarding. Finally, someone from SW jumped in before the plane door closed and figured out the problem and I got on the last minute. My husband is very upset and wants to cancel all relations with Southwest. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Denied boarding with valid printed pass

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

No need for the double post.

As this is primarily a customer to customer forum I suggest that you contact Southwest Customer Relations Department via Twitter (@Southwestair), or call at 1-855-234-4654 to discuss your experience. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Denied boarding with valid printed pass

dfwskier
Aviator A

@396957584 wrote:

I was returning  from MBJ to RDU on May 22,2019. My connection was in MCO. Waiting in customs for luggage that never arrived I had to make a mad dash to Gate 128. My husband was with me and boarded with his A section boarding pass while I held B section. When I presented my valid printed boarding  I was denied boarding. The gate agent offered NO help. Computer showed I had been rebooked on another flight. Needless to say I was emotionally upset with my husband on board and I’m denied boarding. Finally, someone from SW jumped in before the plane door closed and figured out the problem and I got on the last minute. My husband is very upset and wants to cancel all relations with Southwest. 

Sorry you ran into trouble, and are frustrated.

As it turns out you were not denied boarding as you were able to board your scheduled flight. I can only assume you were rebooked because you were "late" to your connecting flight (you did say you made a  mad dash  to the gate ). In the end, a Southwest did what was neessary to get you on your flight.

As themiddleseat said, if you desire to file a complaint, contact cstomer relations via one of the methods mentioned.

May your future travels be less stressful