Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Did Not Preboard Yesterday

floridaguy
Aviator C

I flew MCO to BHM and back yesterday and did not preboard.  Instead, I checked in and took my regular B boarding position and decided to sit near the back of the plane.  It is the first time that I have sat in the back in a long time.

Doing so, I wondered about all of the drama around preboarding including a recent post where I was called a name that resulted in the thread being locked and the individual to whom the name was generated to be blocked from the board.

If you all just chill, all of this nonsense goes away.  I enjoyed my flight and didn't stew over those that preboarded.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Did Not Preboard Yesterday

jksobonya
Aviator A

People get unnecessarily angry about the preboard process when they see an “excessive” number of people preboard. There’s an assumption that some people must be lying to preboard. IMO, it doesn’t bother me at all. 

— Jessica 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

Doing so, I wondered about all of the drama around preboarding including a recent post where I was called a name that resulted in the thread being locked and the individual to whom the name was generated to be blocked from the board.

If you all just chill, all of this nonsense goes away.  I enjoyed my flight and didn't stew over those that preboarded.

Perhaps you should review your statements in that thread, claiming you that you could do cartwheels down the jet way and thus most likely do not need to preboard yet you were doing it anyway is an easy way to irritate people. If you would refrain from implying you were abusing the preboard process people might "chill". Why you keep stating that you preboard is baffling to me as no one cares and implying you are preboarding when you don't need to makes others irritated. I personally don't care, but think it's ridiculous that you don't see your continually agitating people while telling them to chill. Calling people names is not a proper response, but neither is poking the bear. 

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

I never said that I do cartwheels, backflips or acrobatics to the gate.  You claim that I did.

I did say that a person could do backflips and acrobatics all the way to the gate and then "self identify" as a person with a disability, then preboard.  That's the LAW.  

I also said that there is nothing permanent about the LAW since one could make the claim, enter the airplane, then withdraw their self identification.

You need to make proper quotes and STOP TROLLING ME.

bec102896
Aviator A

I think it all just goes away if you don’t rub the topic in. Hopefully you can see it’s a touchy subject by the fact names were called and a thread was shut down maybe talk about the great flight you had instead or the nice person you met on your flight instead of the old in your face approach. Have I preboarded before yes do I announce it to the world no because it shouldn’t matter have I used the COS policy to have an open middle seat on a sold out flight being that’ that I’m borderline in the seat next to me sure but you don’t see me or others rubbing it in. Maybe just try to help others like others of us do here instead of trying to irritate people. Remember we are all different what might not irritate you might upset someone else just gotta be careful with words 

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

The Air tran 2 seats aisle were nice