Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Do in need to check in again when I come home from a trip?

eddieras
Explorer B

You can add early bird to just one leg of Round trip. You don't need to book one ways to add early bird to only leg

@DancingDavidE wrote:

It's probably two hours later than you'll be getting up the next day...consider it as a warm up for tomorrow!

Book one-way flights anyway - among other flexibility benefits you can add early-bird to just one leg, especially for the early morning scenario that you are describing.

nitad259
Explorer C

How do you book early bird for one way of a roundtrip ticket?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@nitad259 wrote:

How do you book early bird for one way of a roundtrip ticket?

I'm not sure, I haven't done that for a while - I didn't realize you could.

I suggest go through the "Add Early Bird" link that Southwest will helpfully send you and see if you can select just the one leg.

https://www.southwest.com/early-bird/index.html?redirectToVision=true&clk=GSUBNAV-PLAN-AD1-EB&leapfr...

Don't click all the way through if you don't think that is working though, and call instead.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@nitad259

There are a few ways to add Early Bird to one way of your RT itinerary 

the easiest way would be if you have a RR account go to your my trips and click on the add Early bird then you can select the flight you would like to add Early bird to. 

If you don't have a RR account you can use the link provided by @DancingDavidE and add it that way using the confirmation number you got when booking the flight 

the third way you can do it is to call reservations at 800-435-9792 and the SW representative would be gad to assist you just have your confirmation number ready. 

hope this helps!

Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jmadamik wrote:

It is really a pain to have to check in twice for a round trip. I bet that only a very small percentage of people cancel the 2nd part of a round trip, so they should let people check in Once for a RT.

I missed this post before, sorry for the late response - this won't work (among other reasons) because you'd be checking in earlier than others who on the same flight might be the first leg of their RT flight checking in at T-24.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

rbergsrud
Explorer C