Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Do not board passengers until you are ready to do your job

Andinola
Explorer C

Second time in same day your poor staffing produces a wait. Leaving us on the plane for an hour is utter BS. You knew we were flying to Seattle. You knew what the conditions were. You could have easily had us board late. Instead you wanted to make yourselves look better and shove us all into the plane to keep us out of sight.  Looks better for PR. Like having no email address for customer service.  Cramped up in a hot metal box for an hour extra in Las Vegas is utterly crap. You should be embarassed of how bad your service has become and your excuses of blaming others is also crap. Frankly youve started to suck. If I wanted a sucky airline I have plenty of options. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Do not board passengers until you are ready to do your job

dfwskier
Aviator A

Good Morning.

It appears you had an unpleasant time in Las Vegas. Sorry to hear that.

I can't speak to your specific situations, but I can think of a reason it might have happened.

Sometimes air traffic control  (ATC) tells pilots to be ready to depart as there might be a break in weather (or traffic congestion - there are several reasons not just weather . It might happen, or it might not, but the pilot has to be prepared to push the gate on a moment's notice. If they miss the departure call becasue they have to spend 20 minutes boarding passengers, they might be delayed even longer. Thus, the airline boards the plane and waits for ATC to say GO..

Given that, the airline  should have used auxilliary cooling, asked passengers to close window shades, etc to keep the plane as cool as possible. If the airline did that and it was still hot, there's not much more that could have been done.

BTW, I live in Dallas and we both are exposed to really hot planes during the summer. It is no fun.

There is a way to contact the airline to register your complaint. A link is listed below. Click on the "send us a message" hot link under the words "e-mail us" on the left side of the page. It accesses SW's company e-mail function, so you won;t actually get an e-mail address, but you will be able to send your comment to SW.

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

BillButtlicker
Explorer C

NO, Your airline is just poopy 

bec102896
Aviator A

@BillButtlicker

Sorry you're upset 

if you would like to discuss your experience with southwest directly I would recommend reaching out on Twitter or you can call customer relations at 855-234-4654 

being that this is a customer to customer forum southwest wont be able to assist with your complaints here so you would need to contact them for assistance. 

hope this helps

Blake 

BillButtlicker
Explorer C

You're*