Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Do not have permission on mobile and desktop

Twinkles76
Explorer C

Gday

I live in Australia and can’t access the mobile app or website on computer. I don’t have permission on the server I am using.

is there anything being done as I fly on 20th and want to try and book a flight with Southwest

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Do not have permission on mobile and desktop

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, Southwest (bizarrely) blocks access for many from outside the US. You can try connecting using a proxy server or VPN (Google for more info), and some people have previously reported being able to access via the phone app (using your mobile carrier's network, not internet) but that seems to be iffy now as well. A last option would be to call -- +1-800-435-9792 -- but international long distance costs may be prohibitive. Good luck!

Twinkles76
Explorer C

Gday

thanks for the reply but I just updated my phone iphone to iOS 12 and this has helped me with the mobile app.. 

still no no luck with laptop but guessing there might be an update issue with windows to a later version maybe..

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

No, seriously. Southwest blocks website access from outside the US.

If you do a Google search for "Southwest website access outside US" you will find hundreds of articles describing the situation, going back to at least 2016.

Twinkles76
Explorer C

Gday

yeah I did google it before I posted on here and noticed some results on this topic..

i just replied what worked for me for me as a solution to try if you had an old version on mobile app..

i just tried laptop and that worked also so I have obviously changed something that works