Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Does Southwest have a plastic bag I can put my backpack in at baggage check?

terrybigelow
Explorer C

I have a backpacking backpack that I will be checking in Orlando to fly to Reno and want to know if Southwest has a plastic bag I can put it in at baggage check.

Thank you, Terry

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Does Southwest have a plastic bag I can put my backpack in at baggage check?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The reusable car seat/stroller bag they sell at the check-in counter might be a good option for you.

Here's more info:

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Blog/Going-Green-Reusable-Car-Seat-Stroller-Bag/ba-p/41581

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Does Southwest have a plastic bag I can put my backpack in at baggage check?

jjharlan
Explorer C

According to that web page, the bags are only supposed to be used for child car seats, strollers; not luggage of any other kind.

It would have been a great solution for me....

bec102896
Aviator A

One thing to keep in mind if your just wanting to put your backpack in another bag to help with limiting contact with the airline handling your bag TSA can still search your bag so even though you have it protected to prevent extra people touching it could still be touched just as much without the plastic bag or other kind of bag.