Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink coupons

sexxytweetybird
Explorer C

Hi, 

I have some drink coupons left which I was going to use on 3/27. I end up having to cancel my flight until June or July. By that time they'll be expired on 3/31 of this month. Can my coupons be extended or I've just lost two coupons? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Drink coupons

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

I would keep the coupons and when you fly next try to use them and if the FA says anything maybe just say you had travel scheduled but had to cancel because of the virus maybe they will make an exception. 

-Blake 

ipsedixit
Frequent Flyer C

SW takes expired drink coupons all the time.

Especially now given that they have suspended in-flight beverage service, I would keep them and use them when things return to "normal".

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ipsedixit wrote:

SW takes expired drink coupons all the time.

Especially now given that they have suspended in-flight beverage service, I would keep them and use them when things return to "normal".

They specifically say "no expired coupons" but in effect by asking nicely, you may get a free one instead. 

Drink coupons are most likely way down the list of changes Southwest is making right now, I don't expect to see any announcement on this - hold the coupons if you can and try to roll with it when things return to normal.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.