Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink coupons

Explorer C

Why do I not receive drink coupons from southwest in the mail like others I know 

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Drink coupons

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

As long as you are a Rapid Rewards member, you can four coupons for every ten one-way paid flights!  With that said, you do have to ensure your account is set to receive them.  Follow these steps:

1. Log in to you RR account at southwest.com
  2. Select My Account
  3. Select Travel under My Preferences
  4. Select the Extras icon (with a picture of a drink)
  5. Under "RR drink coupons," click Edit and select Yes to confirm you are over 21 years old.

If this is set properly and you still are not getting the coupons, I would contact SW via Twitter or the Contact Us link for help.

Cheers!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Stevep0443
Explorer C

Hi!

I have my settings correct, but I still have not received drink tickets in years. I am an active member that travels land even have the credit card! Any thoughts?

Kamwr
Explorer C

I have not recieved any coupons the later part of 2018. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hello.

If within your profile you have said that you want to receive drink coupons, you shoud automatically receive them after every 10 paid flights.

If that is not happening, you should contact customer service to discuss that matter. You can reach them via one of the methods listed on the top eft of the airlne's contact us webpage.

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

devburke
Explorer B

Does this only apply if you have 10 flights within a one year period? I've flown far more than 10 times on paid flights, and haven't received anything like this. I looked on my RR account on Southwest.com, and the "Past Flights" section only shows my flights from within the last 12 months, so maybe that's the explanation for why some of us aren't receiving these?

Thanks!

dfwskier
Aviator A

@devburke wrote:

Does this only apply if you have 10 flights within a one year period? I've flown far more than 10 times on paid flights, and haven't received anything like this. I looked on my RR account on Southwest.com, and the "Past Flights" section only shows my flights from within the last 12 months, so maybe that's the explanation for why some of us aren't receiving these?

Thanks!

My understanding is it is 10 paid flights regardless of time. So if you fly 4 times a year, you'd get

drink coupons after you had completed your second paid flight in year 3.

devburke
Explorer B

That's what it seems to say above, but since that's not actually happening (at least for me), I was wondering if someone from SW could chime in on the matter. I wonder if that's the pattern for all of us who are saying we haven't received any.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@devburke wrote:

That's what it seems to say above, but since that's not actually happening (at least for me), I was wondering if someone from SW could chime in on the matter. I wonder if that's the pattern for all of us who are saying we haven't received any.

In my first respose to you, I suggested you contact customer service if you think you should have received coupons, but have not.  I did that because this is a customer to customer forum, and formal replies from the company may not happen here.

devburke
Explorer B

Aah fair enough! I hadn't looked closely enough, and I thought the person who spelled out the rules above was a SW rep. My mistake, thanks!