Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Drink coupons

devburke
Explorer B

This link actually does seem to say it has to be 10 flights in a calendar year, so that would explain my situation at least.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@devburke wrote:

This link actually does seem to say it has to be 10 flights in a calendar year, so that would explain my situation at least.

Much of the info in that article, including the calendar year requirement, is wrong. 😉

devburke
Explorer B

That may be so. I did contact customer support on Twitter though, and they confirmed for me that the 10 flight requirement has to be met within a calendar year.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Could you post the Twitter reply that you received here?

Perhaps a Southwest rep could step in here and clarify. Previously we were told here that the 10 flights are cumulative.

This also reflects my experience, over many years. 

devburke
Explorer B

Well I do have a flight coming up today. I'm sure it's not the job of the reps at the airport to know the ins and outs of the system, but long as I'm there I might as well ask them about it.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Ok, I just looked at Southwest's Twitter feed and the most recent post is about receiving drink coupons, and includes a link back to this discussion. 😉

Scrolling down I see many references by multiple Customer Relations reps all stating the drink coupons are sent, as long as you are opted-in, after the completion of 10 one-way flights. With no statement anywhere about those 10 flights needing to happen within one calendar year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SouthwestAir/status/1066889280285548544?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5...

devburke
Explorer B

Yeah, I don't normally have a Twitter account, so I created one temporarily and deleted it once I had my answer, so I don't know if that reply is still visible. But at least the one rep did say it had to be within the year when I asked.

Of course, that rep could've been mistaken. I'm just going off the combination of what she told me and my own experience.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

If that was posted (not seeing it now) it was a mistake. 😉

Screenshot_20181127-041120.png

Did you PM your account info to a rep so that they could look into it and see what's going on?

devburke
Explorer B

D'oh! Thanks for the heads up!

devburke
Explorer B

Actually can you send me the link to that one? I found the reply where they told me it has to be within the year. It'd be good to have a reference for conflicting information.