Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

E-ticket downloading to images on Android - cannot get to work repeatedly

gregschaller
Explorer C

I cannot get this to work all the time...Android users have the option to save their mobile boarding pass to the photo gallery by tapping on the orange ‘Save Image to Photos’ button. Your boarding pass will display in a pop up. From there, follow the directions to tap and hold on the image, saving the mobile boarding pass to your photo gallery.

any help/suggestions appreciated...........

7 REPLIES 7

Re: E-ticket downloading to images on Android - cannot get to work repeatedly

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Try Receiving a text with a link to your mobile boarding pass. Tap on the link to view your boarding pass in a new browser window on your phone. If you have multiple boarding passes you’ll receive a separate text message for each pass.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@gregschaller

Have you had a chance to try @franktravel's suggestion? Let us know if it works  for you.

usap
Explorer C

On an Android Galaxy S6, after I press the orange button to "Save Image to Photos", it says "Tap and hold to save to your photos", but no amount of Tapping & Holding will allow me to save the boarding pass.  This used to work back in 2015, but not in 2016 or 2017.   

revmlt54
Explorer C

I have the same problem. I receive the link via text, click on the link, see the boarding pass and click on the orange "save image to photos" link, the boarding pass image shows up with the instruction to "click and hold the image to save to your photos," and...nothing.  It used to work, then it didn't, then the process changed so that the "click and hold" step was no longer necessary - and that worked great - and now that last step is back and not working. I have a Galaxy S9, so it's not out of date. 

I'm noticing that posts on this issue are all really old - don't know what to make of that.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hi.

I suspect you are using an old version of the ap. The current one does not ask you to do that. 

So the first thing I'd suggest is to see if you can download the current version from the google play store..

The current vesion allows you to save the boarding pass to google pay. It also allows you to save the pass to your photo album. There's a camera icon just above and to the right of the google pay option. Clicking on the camera icon saves the pass to your album

Hope that helps.

revmlt54
Explorer C

Is 5.6.1 the most recent?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@revmlt54 wrote:

Is 5.6.1 the most recent?

Sorry, I didn't see your response til now.

5.6.1 is what I have on my phone.