Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

EBCI

scott414
Explorer C
flying 04/17/19 from GEG-PHX. Purchased EBCI few days prior to flight, have receipt. Checked in this morning approx 24 hrs prior and assigned B25. Read some other regarding ECBI and one mentions printing your boarding pass and ECBI should be on it. I did print, no mention of ECBI on my boarding pass. Did I not get ECBI as I thought?
12 REPLIES 12

Re: EBCI

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Did you add it more than 36 hours out from your flight?  It is important to ensure you do.

I do think it is strange that it did not show on your boarding pass, but I would also stress that it is FULLY possible to be well into the B section with EBCI.  There are so many A-Listers these days, and when you add the large number of folks purchasing EBCI, it can be a lot.

I would recommend contacting SW as they can help you immediately.  The quickest way would be to direct message the Twitter team at @southwestair or reach out to SW via the SW App new Live Chat functionality.

Good luck!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

scott414
Explorer C

i did check when i added ECBI- was 12 april, receipt available.  I did send a message to SWA regarding, waiting on answer

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@scott414 wrote:

i did check when i added ECBI- was 12 april, receipt available.  I did send a message to SWA regarding, waiting on answer

I suggest Live Chat within the app if you are a rapid rewards member, they'll have your account information and be able to check the ticket for EBCI.

You aren't A-list right?

Look at these samples - I believe it would show above the bar code, or else on the second page in the text:

https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/airport-experience/mobile-boarding-pass.html

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Lmkel68
Adventurer C

I was disappointed with my EBCI, I guess I should have done it after my purchase, A59 and B6 coming back

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Lmkel68 buying it as early as possible before your flight does help, but I'm curious what you weren't pleased with? High A and single digit B boarding positions aren't too shabby, especially if it's a heavy business traveler (A-List) route. Impossible to say what you would have received without EBCI but for not having to remember to check-in exactly 24 hours prior, those boarding positions seem pretty good to me.

--TheMiddleSeat

Lmkel68
Adventurer C

The only issue I had was a B40 person boarding in front of mein my A40 spot. I think they should make sure people board where they are supposed to board

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

@Lmkel68 buying it as early as possible before your flight does help, but I'm curious what you weren't pleased with? High A and single digit B boarding positions aren't too shabby, especially if it's a heavy business traveler (A-List) route. Impossible to say what you would have received without EBCI but for not having to remember to check-in exactly 24 hours prior, those boarding positions seem pretty good to me.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Lmkel68 wrote:

The only issue I had was a B40 person boarding in front of mein my A40 spot. I think they should make sure people board where they are supposed to board

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

--TheMiddleSeat

SW does turn away people that try to board out of position. I see B or C passengers in A lines get turned away all the time.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Lmkel68 wrote:

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

--TheMiddleSeat

Feel free to point it out if you see someone obviously not following the program, in some cases these may be simply unaware and then the gate agent will either catch them or not.

Othertimes it may be someone deliberately trying to sneak on, and again either caught or not but if you point it out maybe they'll give up the attempt. 

A third case might be that they asked for some special dispensation to board with someone else which may be given sometimes, i.e. their spouse was right in front or something. 

Anyway - it doesn't have to be confrontational, just ask the person what their position is as you are trying to decide if you are in front or in back of them, just the facts. If they say "B40" then maybe they just need help getting to the right spot. Either way it would be behind you and the next person behind you can have the same negotiation if necessary.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

SWDigits
Aviator A

@Lmkel68 wrote:

I was disappointed with my EBCI, I guess I should have done it after my purchase, A59 and B6 coming back

Thinking out loud: I wonder if Southwest would ever consider putting a limit on the number of EBCI slots sold for each flight (similar to Business Select/Upgraded Boarding)?  In an extreme case if everyone were to make the purchase then it would decrease the useful value though I guess Southwest is far from that scenario.  Placing a cap could potentially encourage some folks who are on the fence to make the purchase.

Customer | Home airport DCA