Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird Check In Didn't Work?

smoreho3
Explorer C

I booked my flight with Early Bird Check in - paid $20 and everything. Yesterday I got a notice that I had been checked in and had the B3 spot. When I went to check in on the app today (my flight is in 7 hours) I had to check in and got a C49 spot?!? Is that right?? What is Early Bird Check in for??? Help?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Early Bird Check In Didn't Work?

bec102896
Aviator A

Was your flight cancelled or changed last minute? 

Does your boarding pass show Early Bird check in on the pass itself? 

smoreho3
Explorer C

Flight wasn't changed or cancelled and it says early bird check in on everything!

dfwskier
Aviator A

Well, I've never heard of that type of thing happening.

You should probably contact SW, explain what happened, and ask for a refund of the EB fee. 

smoreho3
Explorer C

Figured - was trying to but couldn't chat and when I called the wait was over 3 hours. So frustrating! Can I do it at the counter?

TobyLibby
Explorer C

We had a flight cancelled and they re-booked us and our new boarding passes placed us in the C group.  We had paid for EB checkin.  I went to the desk and they allowed us to board after all the A group but before the B's when family boarding takes place.  Give it a shot

bec102896
Aviator A

I feel like the only way you could end up with that C boarding pass buying EB is if everyone on the flight bought it which i doubt. 

I would send Southwest an email by clicking the contact us link at the bottom of this page to ask for a refund. Usually the people at the airport won't be able to refund EB fees you would need to speak to customer relations. 

mrsstats
Adventurer C

I wish they would just let you pick seats when you buy your tickets 

Early Bird Check In Didn't Work?

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@smoreho3 @mrsstats @TobyLibby This was posted 13 hours ago and the poster mentioned they flew in 7 hours, so this is after the fact posting.  I was/am going to suggest that you may just go a bit early and show all your information to the ticket counter and they hopefully can make some type of adjustment for you.  I don't know how that works after boarding numbers have been assigned, but maybe you could have requested a pre-boarding pass for the mix-up.  I'm curious to know how this came out, can you give us an update please.  Thanks.