Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird Check In Didn't Work?

smoreho3
New Arrival

I booked my flight with Early Bird Check in - paid $20 and everything. Yesterday I got a notice that I had been checked in and had the B3 spot. When I went to check in on the app today (my flight is in 7 hours) I had to check in and got a C49 spot?!? Is that right?? What is Early Bird Check in for??? Help?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Early Bird Check In Didn't Work?

bec102896
Top Contributor

Was your flight cancelled or changed last minute? 

Does your boarding pass show Early Bird check in on the pass itself? 

smoreho3
New Arrival

Flight wasn't changed or cancelled and it says early bird check in on everything!

dfwskier
Top Contributor

Well, I've never heard of that type of thing happening.

You should probably contact SW, explain what happened, and ask for a refund of the EB fee. 

smoreho3
New Arrival

Figured - was trying to but couldn't chat and when I called the wait was over 3 hours. So frustrating! Can I do it at the counter?

TobyLibby
New Arrival

We had a flight cancelled and they re-booked us and our new boarding passes placed us in the C group.  We had paid for EB checkin.  I went to the desk and they allowed us to board after all the A group but before the B's when family boarding takes place.  Give it a shot

bec102896
Top Contributor

I feel like the only way you could end up with that C boarding pass buying EB is if everyone on the flight bought it which i doubt. 

I would send Southwest an email by clicking the contact us link at the bottom of this page to ask for a refund. Usually the people at the airport won't be able to refund EB fees you would need to speak to customer relations. 

mrsstats

I wish they would just let you pick seats when you buy your tickets 

Early Bird Check In Didn't Work?

SWFlyer007
Rising Star

@smoreho3 @mrsstats @TobyLibby This was posted 13 hours ago and the poster mentioned they flew in 7 hours, so this is after the fact posting.  I was/am going to suggest that you may just go a bit early and show all your information to the ticket counter and they hopefully can make some type of adjustment for you.  I don't know how that works after boarding numbers have been assigned, but maybe you could have requested a pre-boarding pass for the mix-up.  I'm curious to know how this came out, can you give us an update please.  Thanks.