Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Early Bird Check In is a rip off

tempsdropz
Explorer C

I agree with your assessment.  I've never used that upcharge feature as I found it to be a waste of money.  Additionally, why do it at all if it doesn't improve your boarding position.  You can check in as you line up to board.

bec102896
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

Request a refund from Southwest.  As an alternative, you have the RIGHT under The Fair Credit Billing Act to dispute the charge with your credit card carrier, tell your story, then await a decision.

Ok so last week I went to a restaurant for lunch their service was bad and the food was not great. I got what paid for (the food) so because I didn’t like it should I dispute the charge with my bank because I left hungry because it wasn’t good??

floridaguy
Aviator C

If you are so committed to the value of EBCI, then go ahead and buy the service.  

I'd be demanding a refund.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

I'd be demanding a refund.

In case anyone decides to listen to @floridaguy I will correct him AGAIN.... EarlyBird is non-refundable

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

We will test that theory very soon.  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy the issue for you is 1)no one will believe you if you say you got a refund and 2)no one trusts you to admit you didn't get a refund.

That's the problem when all your posts have been unhelpful, you have no credibility. 

It is possible you find one phone agent who feels sorry for you. By policy though, EarlyBird is non-refundable. 

--TheMiddleSeat

StAugustine
Frequent Flyer C

Each individual has to make a decision whether EBCI is worth it to him/her or not. I almost always decide it is worth it because I don't have to watch the clock or set an alarm to check in at T-24.