Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird Check in

ghstrdr60
Explorer C

I had a flight today that Southwest had to rebook because the first leg of my flight would not have arrived in time for my connecting flight.    They rebooked me on a flight early the next morning however that time was to early for me, I contacted them and they rebooked me on a later flight.

My issue is I paid for early bird check-in for both legs of my flight, departing and returning, I saw the charge on my credit card of $20 each way or $40 when I booked the flight, now they tell me I didn't booked early bird and rebooked me to group C.   You would think considering I missed my event due their inability to get me to my destination on time they would go ahead and accommodate me, no they wanted to debate with me over $20.  Southwest has no meaning of the term customer service.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Early Bird Check in

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page, send Southwest the information about what happened, state that you were rebooked not by your choice, and request a refund. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle to get it. Be sure to include your name and confirmation number. 

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

And yes, someone will reply in the morning that you can also dispute the charge on your credit card. I find giving Southwest an opportunity to resolve the issue directly with you to be the better option and would not be surprised if Southwest also provides a voucher for the inconvenience. You won't get that dealing with your credit card company.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

Great idea dispute the charge 😂 JK. yes give Southwest a chance to refund the EB fee and they might also throw in a LUV voucher for the inconvenience of the flight disruption (depending on why the flight was late) which you could use on a new flight to hopefully have a better experience. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

I am an advocate of filing a dispute, in writing, with your credit card carrier.  You can also concurrently work with Southwest on the issue.  You have the right to file your dispute under Federal laws.  

To suggest that a LUV voucher would be a constellation for not exercising your dispute rights is invalid.  If anything, going to the trouble to file a dispute would likely invoke the reaction to smooth it over with an angry customer.

The EBCI has been debated at length on this board.  I would not recommend using it, either.