Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird/Companion

kwaller24
Explorer C

I paid for EarlyBird back Months ago and did not for my husband.. but when I checked him in he got A30 and I am A56?  How is that even possible if I was checked in 36hrs before and he doesnt get checked in until 24 hours before?  on our second flight I am one after him.  What is the point of paying for it 6 months ago when I could have just signed on and checked in and received a better number? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Early Bird/Companion

StAugustine
Frequent Flyer C
Solution

Between the time you were automatically checked in and you checked in your husband, the person who was checked in at A30 cancelled and that boarding position became available.  That is part of the chance you take when you use EBCI. 

Re: Early Bird/Companion

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@kwaller24 wrote:

How is that even possible if I was checked in 36hrs before and he doesnt get checked in until 24 hours before?  on our second flight I am one after him.

That's the second leg of a connecting flight?

You must have checked him in at exactly the right moment to catch those vacated positions. There is always a little bit of movement on the A-list passengers making last-minute changes and in a few cases people who forgot they had a flight booked and find out when their position is assigned and then cancel.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.