Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird Did Not Work

Janicemin1
Explorer C

I have purchased Early Bird for two different flights for my husband and myself. For BOTH flights I went in 35 hours prior to check-in but received error messages that I could not check in. I was only allowed to check in 24 hours ahead (like everyone else)!  I contact SWA customer care with screen shots of error. Yesterday I received a response from SWA confirming I did have Early Bird and the system was working as designed. 
NO IT WAS NOT. They completely ignored my screen shots with the error and blew me off!  Now what?
I don’t want a LUV voucher either I want a refund. I’m more than disgusted with them right now with continuous issues. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Early Bird Did Not Work

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C
Solution

Early Bird does, in fact, work.

"EarlyBird Check-In® Customers will have their boarding positions reserved beginning 36 hours prior to their flight's scheduled local departure time. Boarding Passes can be accessed beginning 24 hours prior to the flight's scheduled local departure time." (https://www.southwest.com/help/booking/earlybird-checkin)

The system automatically reserves your boarding position 36 hours prior to departure, but you can only 'check-in'/retreive your boarding pass 24 hours before.

Hope that helps clear things up, but yes, you did get Early Bird according to what you described.