Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird and Companion Pass

BobNoxiousUSA
Explorer C

My wife purchased a ticket.  Added me as a free companion.  And then purchased Early Bird for her ticket.  My ticket does not have early bird.   Will I be able to board with her?  I am seeing different posts recently about companion pass boarding together with purchased ticketholder.  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Early Bird and Companion Pass

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

See this post:

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Check-In-Boarding/early-check-in-with-companion/m-p/132431/highli...

In short, they should get the next boarding position after you.

--TheMiddleSeat

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

I find that even if we check in at different times, it always puts the companion one spot behind the primary. Best of luck and safe travels!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ZevSupport wrote:

I find that even if we check in at different times, it always puts the companion one spot behind the primary. Best of luck and safe travels!

As long as the companion pass holder checks in first right? Or does the companion checking in make a reverse check-in of the CP Holder?

Obviously a moot point for companion pass holders that are also A-list which would be already assigned at T-36 hours. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

amandad
Explorer C

Do you remember what the end result was? About to do this and trying to find an answer. See lots of questions but no one has confirmed the result. Thanks!