Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird didn't work?

FlyGirl1
Explorer A

I purchased Early Bird and got a B boarding pass. Can I get a refund? I thought this guaranteed A?

54 REPLIES 54

Re: Early Bird didn't work?

basslaw2010
Frequent Flyer B
Solution

Early Bird actually does note guarantee an A boarding position and is non-refundable.

RhondaHSmith
Explorer C

Yes, this makes Early Bird totally worthless!

Bpaine
Explorer C

I flew home from Denver on May 30. I paid for the early bird check in. My account was charged $30, I did not get it I had to do my own checkin confirmation XXX.  Can I get a refund or can I get credit for my upcoming trip confirmation XXX.  I love southwest but very disappointed in how this early bird check in worked. I tried to get this fixed I called and also talked to the reservation desk all I was told was not til 36 hours before, even though it was 26 hours before and received no help. Not sure I would recommend this to anyone.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Bpaine what makes you certain EBCI didn't work for you? You still have to click the check-in button online on your app, you just don't have to do it at right at 24 hours prior to your flight as the system automatically assigns your boarding position prior to others who didn't purchase EBCI as previously mentioned. Only a small icon next to the reservation in your account indicates EBCI was purchased, everything else looks the same and a multitude of factors could give you a higher boarding number, but you still do better than non-status passengers that don't purchase EBCI. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

If you received EarlyBird Check-In properly, your boarding pass will indicate "EarlyBird Check-In".

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@chgoflyer good catch. In general though, there's nothing different about the check-in process that screams EBCI 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Also for @Bpaine - the EB access assigns the boarding position at 36 hours, you still have to access your boarding pass sometime after the 24 hour mark - i.e. if the problem was that you couldn't get your boarding pass in the 24+ to 36 hour window that's normal, although it is assigned it isn't accessible until the 24-hour mark.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

tigereye
Explorer A
Solution

Mallory,

So sorry about your bording position!

EarlyBird will get you checked in for your flight 36 hours prior to departure but does not guarantee a specific  boarding position.

Right now, early bird is not refundable unless your flight is canceled by Southwest due to iregular operations such as weather or mechanical issues.

nanflys
Explorer C

Dont bother with this purchase , we paid $45 for the 3 of us and numerous people in line were ahead of us that didnt pay, a lot of frustrated customers out there who pay for nothing