Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird

pmachina
Explorer C

If I have an early bird check in, and it's an automatic check in , how many days in advance of my flight can I print my boarding pass.  I would like to print it on a friday when my flight isn't until sunday.  Can i print in advance of the 24 hour check incan I

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Early Bird

franktravel
Aviator B

No.

EarlyBird Check-In Customers will have their boarding positions reserved beginning 36 hours prior to their flight's scheduled departure time. Boarding Passes can be accessed beginning 24 hours prior to the flight's scheduled local departure time.   You can also print your pass at the Southwest Airlines kiosk at the airport. 

Ed-FL-IL
Explorer C

Does that mean I can reserve my position 36 hours prior to departure and then print boarding pass 24 hours prior?

confused

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Ed-FL-IL,

EarlyBird automatically checks you in and reserves your boarding position 36 hours before your flight - no action on your part required. You still have to wait until 24 hours before the flight to print your boarding pass. 

Ed-FL-IL
Explorer C

Thanks for the clarification.  Will be nice not trying to be on line exactly 24 hours before flight.

And when the trip includes a stop and plane change, the second boarding pass is printed with the first?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Yes, all boarding passes that you need will be assigned!