Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Early Boarding vs Saving Seats

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

@wordsmith1313 wrote:

Hi, Joyce. That is frustrating -- saving eight seats is ridiculous. And many people definitely noticed the higher EB fee, for sure.

For the sake of our positive community, though, I hope you will limit your anger to people trying to save multiple seats, and not single-seat folks. Many of us A-List and A-List Preferred fliers also have Companion Passes, so we save one seat for our companions.

With an EB pass, you'll still almost certainly get a prime seat, because there aren't that many people saving singles. (And that jerk with the 8 seats saved is an aberration, thank goodness!) Insisting on taking a seat anyway, as Spacecoast Bill adamantly does every time he flies, really does make for an unfriendly, uncomfortable flight -- the exact opposite of what most of us SWA devotees love.

Safe travels, and I wish you all the best!

Its not an uncomfortable flight for me if someone else chooses to be a rude and inconsiderate person.  People saving seats happens multiple times, so it is definitely not a one time thing.  This forum alone has several examples of just that happening.  

If you attempt to save a single center seat a few rows back and not in a bulkhead or exit row, nobody would probably mind.

But the self entitled people who try to save those seats, seats near the front, or multiple seats are the ones being inconsiderate and should expect someone to take exception to their rudeness.

Re: Early Boarding vs Saving Seats

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

@wordsmith1313 wrote:

With an EB pass, you'll still almost certainly get a prime seat, because there aren't that many people saving singles. (And that jerk with the 8 seats saved is an aberration, thank goodness!) Insisting on taking a seat anyway, as Spacecoast Bill adamantly does every time he flies, really does make for an unfriendly, uncomfortable flight -- the exact opposite of what most of us SWA devotees love.

Safe travels, and I wish you all the best!

Since you decided to call me out, I will explain it to you yet again. 

If you are going to be cheap, cheat the system, be inconsiderate and save a seat that is in a bulkhead, near the front, or in an exit row then yes, you can expect to find someone to not just give in to your rudeness and arrogance.

SWA devotees are also sick of those faking the need to preboard, and those who try to game the system to get perks they clearly dont deserve.

So if you are going to call me out for sitting in a seat that is allowed by SWA, have at it.