Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early bird 36hrs, do I get notification or do I need to check-in myself?

TammyG39
Explorer C

Hi... I have an email confirming we did book with early check-in.  my flight is now less than 36 hours to go -I have not received another email confirmation about SW checking us in.. When I go to look at my account status it does not confirm I am checked in early either. Do do I need to do this myself?  When I read the FAQ it seems to be automated I just don't want to fail this opportunity because we are paying for it 😕 😉

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Early bird 36hrs, do I get notification or do I need to check-in myself?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Your position is reserved at 36 hours prior, but you do not get any notification at that time.  You will still need to obtain a boarding pass sometime before your flight (no more than 24 hours prior).  You can do this online or through the app, but since your boarding position is reserved you could just show up at the airport and get your boarding passes there too.  The timing of when you obtain your boarding pass has no affect on the boarding position thanks to EBCI.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Early bird 36hrs, do I get notification or do I need to check-in myself?

jksobonya
Aviator A

You do need to actually check in to retrieve your boarding pass, but Southwest checks you in before everyone else so the odds are you should get a decent position. 

--Jessica