Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early bird Checkin error

debbielikely
Explorer C

Our flight is June 8 (wanna get away fare) and I have tried to add early bird checkin several times and get an error code.  I have tried on the app and on browser.  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Early bird Checkin error

floridaguy
Aviator C

Sometimes the Southwest system is undergoing maintenance.  Go ahead and clear your cookies and restart your computer to see if that makes a difference.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Remember that ED boarding spots are allocated in the order of purchase. That means the spot you get if you buy EB today will likely be worse than if you had bought EB a month ago.

Waiting til 24 hours before flight time to buy one of the A1-A15 spots might be a better option at this point. Or you could just wait to check yourself in at t-24 hours, and if the position is bad, then do what I just said.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

I agree with this logic and usually do this myself!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@debbielikely wrote:

Our flight is June 8 (wanna get away fare) and I have tried to add early bird checkin several times and get an error code.  I have tried on the app and on browser.  

Would you happen to have a promotional A-list right now? IF you have A-list then you won't be able to add EBCI (nor would you need to do so).

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.