Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early bird on a one way with same plane connections

otj287
Explorer C

Hi gang..

So, I have the Southwest Plus card and it comes with 2 early bird check-ins that I haven't used yet.

We're taking a cruise and would love to not have to worry about checking in on the return flight (we booked one way reservations because flights kept getting moved around and weren't sure if we were traveling SWA both ways).

On the way back, as luck would have it, we have 2 connections (explains why it was so cheap...LOL) but all connections have the same plane (i.e. we're not deplaning to reboard).

Am I correct in that if I were to use the 2 early bird's, it would only count once per passenger in this scenario?  Not once per passenger, per leg (since we're not getting off and re-boarding?).

Also - as I haven't used it before - do I just pay for it and then it's reimbursed "automagically" by the Chase folks?

Thanks in advance!!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Early bird on a one way with same plane connections

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

As long as you are on the same plane/flight# you are good with one EBC per flyer was always my experience in the past. (My opinion on EBC is not a positive one for the customer but it remains a pure stoke of genius to generate extra revenue for the Southwest employee who thought it up!)

As far as the credit it should show up on the following Chase statement, but read the small print from Chase, that's where the actual details are.

Safe Travels

otj287
Explorer C

Thank you so much!  (I agree with you on the EB "option") FWIW.

Appreciate the reply!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@parpitt1 wrote:

As long as you are on the same plane/flight# you are good with one EBC per flyer was always my experience in the past. (My opinion on EBC is not a positive one for the customer but it remains a pure stoke of genius to generate extra revenue for the Southwest employee who thought it up!)

As far as the credit it should show up on the following Chase statement, but read the small print from Chase, that's where the actual details are.

Safe Travels

EBCI should still apply for changing planes as well on one confirmation number. i.e. you shouldn't have to buy it twice for a layover somewhere, you'll check into all of your flights on that confirmation number at the same time.

Whether the cost goes up for more connections I don't know, but you shouldn't have to buy it twice at any rate.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

otj287
Explorer C

Thanks, DDE!  Sorry.. yes, I was more concerned with the double cost (IE, if it was charged per segment) in my situation.